My Favourite Places For Food In London!

Hi!

With restaurants being able to open back up on 4th July, I thought that I would share some of my favourite places for food in London. I don't live in London but I do go there quite often, and I am always visiting new places, so I thought I'd give you some inspiration for places to go next time you're there. Feel free to share your favourite places with me in the comments, as I'm always on the lookout for places to try.


Duck And Waffle Local, St James' Market   


 I think that the concept for this restaurant is really interesting. It takes two foods - duck and waffles- and puts them together, which doesn't sound like it would work, but it really does! The local restaurant is located off Piccadilly Circus, in the heart of the West End, making it perfect for brunch, maybe before a Matinee Performance? It's a more casual, quick-paced restaurant based on the Skyline Restaurant of the same name, Duck and Waffle, near Liverpool Street Station. For those who maybe are not a fan of duck, there are other options available, including a Full English Breakfast and sweet flavoured waffles.

Hummingbird Bakery, Spitalfields Arts Market



This is my favourite place for cake in London! The selection of desserts is insane and the rainbow cake is definitely what I would recommend! There are 3 Hummingbird Bakeries in London but I have only ever been to the one at Spitalfields Art Market. I really liked this one, especially because it had a side room with a massive table for you to sit at. This is great for family gatherings or potentially meetings where you want lots of cake!

The Wolseley, Mayfair



This is my mum's favourite place to go for breakfast in London and it's one of the first restaurants I remember going to in the capital. I've only ever been for breakfast, but I hear that their afternoon tea is not to be missed. It's a European inspired menu, meaning there is something on there for everyone. It's also known as a great place for celebrity spotting and I have seen quite a few during my visits there, making it an even more exciting experience!

Balthazar, Covent Garden



It's a traditional style French bistro in the heart of Covent Garden, making it the perfect treat for a day out in London. I've only ever been for brunch (available between 10am and 4pm on weekends) and the food was delicious. It is definitely one of the more expensive restaurants on the list but I think it's perfect for a special occasion!

Boisdale, Canary Wharf



The interesting selling point of this restaurant is the live music playing whilst you eat. It has hosted an array of well- known singers in the past. I was lucky enough to be able to see one of my favourite singers, Nicola Roberts, last May and it was the most incredible night of my life. The venue is so intimate, meaning I was literally sat about 2 metres away from her whilst she sang and you get a meal and a concert in one night out. I'm not sure if every performer does this, but afterwards she also hosted a meet and greet, and I got to speak to her for a good 20 minutes which was simply amazing! This is a great place to go for an amazing night out, especially if you are into music.

Naked Dough



Edible cookie dough is something I first discovered existed in New York, and I was really interested to see if anywhere in the UK did it. I found Naked Dough when it was a much smaller business than it is now, but the interest in this market has massively increased over the past few years. It takes people's love for eating cookie dough straight out of the bowl and actually allows you to do this safely and without actually having to do any baking. My favourite flavours are Nak-Ed Sheeran (Honeycomb and Caramel) and Vegan Cookie Monster (Oreo). These shops are now all over London, and they even do home deliveries and make your own cookie dough mixes so that you can still get your cookie dough fix in quarantine!


I hope this gave you some ideas of places to go when you next get to see London! Don't forget to let me know your favourites and check out my social media for more blog updates!

Instagram: musicaltraveller_
Twitter: MusicalTravel_













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everything Came Up Roses!- Gypsy The Musical Review

Staycation in Devon!!

The Crystal Maze Live Experience Manchester Review